Friday, February 29, 2008

Fashion Mag

The pictures are out – I’m a fashion superstar. My picture is nestled on page 83 of the extremely popular magazine ‘Ping Wei’ (which translates roughly to ‘taste’) – think ‘Vogue’. Without being able to provide you the picture, I understand this is much less exciting for you than it is for me, but I promise to find a scanner (my office doesn’t have one?) and get it posted soon!

In the picture I’m sitting on the step-like seats of our auditorium with a real life model and 2 fellow Chinese teachers pretending to watch a movie. Beneath the picture is an arrow pointing to an article which mentions Brad Pitt (his name accentuated because it is the only words not in Chinese characters in the entire magazine). I like to think they made a mistake and just assumed it was Brad Pitt in the photo, but really my article was just above that one.

I’m thinking of demanding money for public appearances now.

No comments: