Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fashion Show

So yesterday I made my modeling debut. The office was in need of a teacher to pose for an advertisement in a fashion magazine, and I happened to have about 5 hours off in the middle of the day (it was a slow day). So they posed me with a Chinese model and a few other native representatives to take a series of photos. First they had me exchanging business cards with the girl (who couldn't stop laughing, meaning one of us was a terrible model... I'm guessing somehow it was me). Then they had us watching a presentation with me explaining the finer points of some bit of English to her. Now this wasn't without problem, as the director/photographer spoke only Chinese, as did my co-model. There was one EF rep there to assist with the entire thing, but he didn't bother to listen and translate for me, only talk to me in English and the rest of the staff in Chinese and never explain what everyone was saying. Despite the communication gaps, I believe the shoot went very well (what do I know?). I regret having not shaved that day, but the rugged scruffy look is in, just ask Tom Brady. Perhaps this will propel my modeling career onto bigger and better things, and to be honest, I only want to be famous enough to get free dumplings.

1 comment:

Andy Lubershane said...

I would LOVE to get my hands on those photos.

Are they on the internet?

- Lubershane